Sunday, September 11, 2005

ASHES UPDATE


DELICATELY BALANCED

The fifth test is interestingly poised with the Aussies bowled out for 367, six runs short of the English total. Flintoff bowled like a man possessed, with Hoggard giving him tremendous support. Between them, the two shared nine wickets.

The umpires offered light to the Aussies but the offer was declined. The tourists decided to bat in the gloomy and near dark conditions to put the pressure on the English. Probably, they were trying to make up for their rather unwise decision on the second day when the light was much better.

Now it has become a rather difficult issue for the English to bat under such conditions for a second time. McGrath would be relishing the prospect of having the ball and make the best of the conditions. I would be surprised if the English would decline the offer to stay in their dressing room. Now it is just a question of one innings for each team to clinch the issue.

Speaking about McGrath, he joined Shane Warne in tallying up 32 ducks in test matches.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't build the site...
I don't build the site... There were a number of people who commented on my blog entry from August 25th that suggests that you should get rid of your tables.
Now that's some good blogging! Can't wait to read more. I'll be back for another dose.

I have a ink pen site. My site covers ink pen related stuff. It's a pretty cool site with a bunch of ink pen examples.
I hope you enjoy!